“Numbing Hot” Spicy Chinese Soup Burns Hole in Mans Stomach
Doctors at a hospital in Wuhan, China, were scratching their heads when a 26-year-old man with no history of gastrointestinal disorders was brought in after eating soup so spicy that it opened a hole in the wall of his stomach.
They call this evil soup “the broth of mala hot pot’ which means ‘numbing hot’. Using a combination of chili pepper and Sichuan pepper, sipping the soup is said to cause numbing or burning sensation in the mouth
After consuming a large batch of the soup from hell, the man started experiencing severe pain in his stomach and eventually started puking out blood. The man was rushed to the emergency room of a local hospital, where the doctors found a hole in the wall of his stomach.
So remember, the next time you order a nice bowl of spicy soup from a Chinese hot pot restaurant, many of them now use cheap synthetic seasonings and additives instead of Sichuan pepper and other traditional, more expensive ingredients (like battery acid).
You may also enjoy these Helablog posts
From Around the Web
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.